homestead - Re: [Homestead] Canning chicken and other

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Canning chicken and other
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:05:12 -0400

> We got 20,000 of them at a time, so if
> you figure maybe losing 1000 of them, that leaves 19,000 to can......we
> did that twice. To this day I cannot stomach canned chicken, for some
> reason.

Ouch, that is some big job! That is a good web site, that's where I
got the processing time and all. Funny, when I got back to
homesteading and started canning stuff, I got a pressure canner. I
like it. When I started seeing all the stuff that you are supposed to
pressure can, I called up mamma who does not can anymore. She never
had a pressure canner, everything was waterbath.

Rob - Va