homestead - Re: [Homestead] FDIC to Seize WaMu

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] FDIC to Seize WaMu
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 12:19:41 -0400

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:26 PM, Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> JPMorgan to Buy WaMu Operations
>
> http://calculatedrisk.blogspot.com/2008/09/jpmorgan-to-buy-wamu-operations.h
> tml<http://calculatedrisk.blogspot.com/2008/09/jpmorgan-to-buy-wamu-operations.html>
>
> That makes 13 for the year and the biggest.
>
> And it is not even Friday yet.
>
> More will fail.

We have a new acquaintance friend who moved back to her native Floyd after
living in NYC for several years. She telecommutes and is a Regulator for
Ernst & Young in NYC. She told me (when I bumped into her at a local
festival last Saturday) that WaMu would probably file bk this week. Glad it
didn't come to that, but still, how many employees lost jobs today? WaMu is
or was a very large company. She said that 55k people lost jobs last week -
all in an industry and city that is probably not hiring to say the least.

Anyone read or heard anything about expecting the other shoe to drop around
10/7 or 10/13?

Lisa