homestead - Re: [Homestead] Problem uncovered by foreign leader

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Problem uncovered by foreign leader
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:09:47 EDT

> >Yupe, Wiyot.
>
> >The Osage were not conquered

OK. Officially fascinated here. Wiyot and Osage??

Which culture do you have contacts with, if it isn't an impertenent question?

I've got some materials on the Osage Language, which is of the Lakota group
(I know it's 'officially' called the Siouan Group, but I can't imagine
abiding
that ethnic slur). It is more far afield from the bulk of Lakota languages,
including Catawba that only the lunatic fringe linguist surely sees the
connection. But I only have a small sampling so that is probably unfair.

But I've long wanted to get my hands on some Wiyot material. I understand
that last speaker died in 1962. My fascination is to look into an Algonquin
language two thousand miles away from the Algonquin languages I've looked
into.
So far I've beena able to unearth nada!

Any help there?

James </HTML>