homestead - Re: [Homestead] Lying political candidates

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Lying political candidates
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:05:18 -0800

Then you haven't actually read Snopes. Snopes doesn't say that all are outright lies. Not even half. They dance, they hedge, they play words games but they don't come out and say they are lies.

Lynda, the equal opportunity racist. I don't like blacks, whites, browns, yellows. I like individuals based on their individual characteristics! AND, I'm really, REALLY tired of the race baiting AND the ultimate "have you stopped beating your wife" "Nazi" comments about "if you don't vote for Obama you must be a racist."
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

I'm not sure what the "true believer" remark is supposed to mean. If
you look at the Snopes entries, most of the e-mails about Obama that
circulate on the Internet are lies and many are scurrilous lies. Most
of the McCain stuff is true. But most of the McCain stuff consists of
either hagiographic pieces or news stories that paint McCain in
less-than-saintly colors. Just because something about McCain is true
doesn't mean it's bad.

The over-the-top nature of the lies circulating about Obama do tend to
support the position that racism is playing a role in producing votes
against Obama: people don't get that hysterical over candidates that
don't trigger a deep part of their psyches (you know, down there where
racism lives). OTOH, voting against Obama is not by itself proof that
a person is or is not a racist.