homestead - [Homestead] travelling was: college years

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] travelling was: college years
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:47:38 -0500

> Don; I haven't gotten a chance to tell you yet how much I admire what
> you are doing! I've known you through this list for a long time (1996?),
> through all your (and my) ordeals. I've found my home and am too
> 'rooted' to want to travel like you, but I follow your wanderings with
> interest.

Thanks. I am not doing all that much traveling any more. The cost of
gasoline is really hurting. I spent the first half of the year near the
central coast of California helping out on an organic vegetable farm. Then
in June I came to visit Gene here in this perfect Missouri hollow.

In a little over two weeks I am leaving to visit my son in North Carolina
then in mid November I am coming back here for a couple of days then headed
back to California,

My current plan (as always written in sand) is to be back here sometime next
spring. There is a hamfest in Quartzite, AZ at the end of January I would
like to attend.

Don Bowen KI6DIU