homestead - [Homestead] Wall Street

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Wall Street
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 07:03:22 EDT

> >Y'all hang on..we are about to experience Black Monday of 2008..
> I can't figure out how this will personally affect me, but I am sure it
> will...this stuff is not my forte..lol

Three and half hours before Wall Street opens. I remarked last evening that
the Fed and the Treasury has tried to pull off Sunday-Saves for last few
failures, but as of late yesterday, there were no takers for Lehman Bros.
Didn't
work this time.

We've been shelling the last of last year's corn in anticipation of
harvesting this years in a couple of weeks. So on the news that stocks might
drop, I
checked my sacks of corn this morning. Nope. It's all still there. Lesson
in
that somewhere.
</HTML>