homestead - Re: [Homestead] A health questionnaire

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A health questionnaire
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 07:16:58 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message ----
From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 11:36:52 PM
Subject: [Homestead] A health questionnaire

I'm posting this because I am conducting this survey for my own informal
research, and I would like you to answer the following 13 questions
about your life.  The more people that I can get to take it, the better.
 Please take the survey yourself and then get your spouse or other
adults to take it.  I don't need names.  If you don't want to
incriminate yourself on the marijuana question, you may leave it blank,
but know that no one besides me will see this questionnaire-I'm not
judging!<g>  Please do
not post the results to the list, please send them to
akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com
Just hit reply, edit as you see fit to make the answer obvious to me, and
that will be good enough.  I'm hoping for 100 adults to take this...please!

Thanks.

Are you male or female?

yes

Are you
18-40 years old?
40-50 years old?
50-60 years old?
60-70 years old?
Over 70 years old?

  30-79, (too identifying)  Im within several years of your age , one way or
the other

In general terms, describe your diet:
For example:  I eat whatever, love cheese and bread or I am a vegetarian
or I eat for diabetes, or I don't eat red meat, etc.

I like thin crispy pork chops,  any type gumbo,  etouffee,  carnitas burros,
fresh, tasty vegetables (I don't like rutabaga or turnip roots),  fried
chicken,  rare thick porterhouse steak,  fried fresh shrimp,  fried oysters,
raw oysters, key west fresh rock lobster,  black bean soup,  soucatash,  most
southern style sausage (I don't eat boudin, though),  salmon patties,  fried
catsfish,  tinfoil butter baked trout,  fried frog legs,  american lamb chops
(those australian lambs are too gamey),  beef stew, spaghetti, lasagne,
fettunci, apple pie, german chocalat cake, boston cream cake, pralines,
divinity, fudge,  I'll accept most ice cream,
slavic type cabbage rolls, most chinese food, some thai food, I don't like
those nasty smelling fish that people up north from finnish backgrounds (like
you) eat.
I love cheese, but good cheese is very expensive; I'm supposed to watch my
cholesterol and triglycerides and my sugar to answer the second part of your
question, but food is my only vice.

Are you overweight?
How much would you like to lose?

 a little, soft in the belly (maybe in the head, also)

Do you drink alcohol?
If so, what and how much per day?

No

Have you ever been a vegetarian if you aren't now?
For how long and why did you stop?
Please describe your vegetarian habits (e.g. vegan, lacto-veg, etc.)

No

Do you smoke cigarettes?
If so, how much per week?
If you ever smoked, how long have you been quit?

No;    most of the past 12 years, with more than one lapse back to smoking

What is you blood type?
If you don't know, leave it blank.

0+

Do you smoke marijuana?
If so, how much per week?

No

Do you have chronic medical issues that you take prescribed medication
to treat? (i.e. diabetes, RA, high blood pressure, etc.)

Yes, I take 14 different pills per day

What is your level of education?
High school graduate or less?
Some college?
College graduate?

Yes

How often do you eat away from home(answer in meals per week)?

Not very often any more

Do you garden, raise animals or grow any of your own food?
If yes, please describe.

I'm growing tomatoes, ,  bell peppers, one squash pant, and two okra plants,
presently.

Zoned against farm animals, dog & cat , though

Do you drink treated water, well water,  bottled/treated, or
bottled/distilled?

Bitter, unpleasant tap water