homestead - [Homestead] Sarah, who is she?

  • From: jmroll AT bellsouth.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Sarah, who is she?
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 13:27:18 +0000

From: Wildman Lake & Cinder River Lodges [ mailto:fish AT wildmanlodge.com]
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 12:19 AM

Hi homestead list:

Fishing is good here at Wildman and I rarely have time for politics, but many
of our friends are asking us "Who is Sarah Palin? Of course, as Alaskans,
Kathy and I are extremely proud of her. We just want to let you know that
Sarah "Barracuda" Palin is a straight shooting, hard charging, get it done
gal. She knows when to listen, how to analyze the facts and how to make a
decision, then implement the plan. She doesn't do a poll before jumping in
with both feet like too many of the Washington types.

She has little legislative experience because she has always held the
EXECUTIVE position; in private life, as mayor of Anchorage 's largest bedroom
community or more recently as Governor of our State. She is a smart,
attractive home grown Alaska girl with excellent moral and family values.
She can see what needs to be done and does not hesitate to get it done.

One of our State's major problems is that its Capital is in Juneau , 500
miles from the nearest road and 800 air miles from the population base which
is Anchorage , Wasilla and Fairbanks . Our legislature and most of the State
government is in Juneau and they ALL behave like a bunch of freshmen in a
college town. It has been this way since Statehood in 1959.

When Sarah moved to Juneau , so did accountability and responsibility When
the oil revenue started flowin and a barrel of North Slope Crude hit $23.00,
these people began spending money like drunken sailors. You can only imagine
what was happenings when oil hit $100.00 a barrel, about the time Sarah took
command.

My wife Kathy has first-hand experience with this fiasco, as her father and
also her ex-husband were Alaska Legislators who served in Juneau as Senators,
Senate President, or members of the State House for a combined period
spanning nearly three decades.

About the time Sarah took the HELM as Governor of Alaska, about half of the
State legislature was in the pocket of big oil companies or contractors doing
big projects for Native Corporations around Alaska, all funded by State oil
revenue. Alaska government was nothing but a good old boys club riding the
perpetual wave of prosperity. This filtered down from the legislature,
through the Department of Natural Resources, Department of Labor and even
spilled in to the Public Safety who are supposed to "preserve and protect".

When Sarah walked into the Governor's Mansion, she promptly dismissed the
State Trooper detachment assigned to Governor and had her and her husband's
gun case brought in from Wasilla. Then, she got rid of the former Governor's
STATE Jet and told legislators that there were no more free rides, they would
have to fly Alaska Airlines, just like her and her family if they wanted to
travel.

Next came the nut cutting (the Barracuda part) the heads that rolled were too
numerous to name, but when Sarah finished cleaning house, a number of our
legislators ended up in jail on corruption charges, or tendered their
resignations along with numerous department heads and those who have been
riding the gravy train for way too long, AND THEN SHE HAD LUNCH. By the end
of the day, Sarah Palin had saved the people of Alaska millions and has not
yet slowed down.

She has truly brought CHANGE to Juneau . I personally know several persons
in the private sector in Alaska , that hold her in high esteem. She
surrounds herself with smart people, many from my hometown of Anchorage , she
listens to them but makes her own decisions. Sarah Palin is a no B.S.
politician. It is refreshing that there is such a thing anymore.

You want to talk about CHANGE? You should see a before and after picture of
the State government in Alaska . That's CHANGE! Sarah will bring a number
of things to the election. I am sure she will appeal to many voters who may
otherwise could have gone the other direction on election day. The
conservative block will not be for Barack. We have their vote.

We need what Sarah will bring, first to the election and second, what she
will bring to Washington D.C. McCain has been advised well. Let's just
hope the American people can get the straight scoop on her in the weeks
ahead. This is just the opinion of one Alaska Bush Pilot and Guide, who
pays attention to national politics, watches the news and is deathly afraid
of the direction our nation is headed. I guarantee that if Sarah gets a
chance to dig her spurs into the flanks of the liberal Washington types, they
will know that she is in the saddle.

Butch King
Pilot/Guide

Butch & Kathy King