homestead - Re: [Homestead] touche on running mates and the origin of uppity

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] touche on running mates and the origin of uppity
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 00:07:01 -0700 (PDT)

That is consistent with my theory that that usage was common in the black
community, but not in the white community.  In GA, decent people were very
careful about what they said, no one wanted to be inflamatory.  It was a time
when you didn't know whether blacks wanted to be called negroes, blacks,
colored, or African American.

Akka