homestead - Re: [Homestead] To debunk

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] To debunk
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:14:15 -0700 (PDT)

bob ford wrote:
> Akka, I couple of days ago I watched David Mariniss on C-SPAN .  He
> is investigating and writing about  Obama's life.  He discussed the
> birth certificate issue, etc.

For me, at this point, this is very vague as there is more than one point to
this "birth certificate issue" and I don't know which points he covered.

 Mariniss is a Pulitzer Prize winner
> and he thought the question was important enough to investigate.  He
> did debunk the birth cerificate clains, not by taking someone's word
> but by thorough investigation.  Mariniss is very liberal and very
> pro-obama--he still asked and investigated the questions you are
> asking .

I'm sure he had good intentions.

> Obama was born in Hawaii, and he is over 35.  I don't care if he
> attended Mosque a few times as a child--Christianity is a religion
> built upon converts.  He was called Barry, (you should hear some of
> the names people call me), that is also of no consequence.  He did a
> bunch of dope  as  kid and now he is a health nut.

LOL, that about sums it, doesn't it? (not really)

> Except for the Resko dealings (still looks fishy), I imagine he is a
> decent person, a bit naiive, and not nearly as deep a thinker as some
> like to believe.  He spends a great deal of his spare time watching
> and talking sports, not reading "the Great Books".  'seems to me he
> is a normal and decent middle aged man, well credentialed , but with
> little in the way of outstanding accomplishment.  He is the kind of
> person that could be a local state senator or an NGO lawyer.

Well, I like your assessment-all of it.  I think it's probably on target.  As
for the Resko stuff, I ask what politician doesn't have some kind of dirty
deal in his/her background....
I don't believe he has quit smoking yet, though, even though I think most
folks think he has.  I think if he had quit, he'd be a bit chunkier-judging
some photos I saw of him as a youth.  Actually, the fact that he is a smoker
makes me like him more.  I just hate it when everyone makes excuses for his
foibles...why can't he have some serious faults like everyone else?  Every
time one pops up, someone's right there with the spin machine or the paint
brush to cover it up.

> He is also the person who will probably be our next president.

There's a few months to go.  Anything can happen in a dead heat.  Biden could
stick his foot in his mouth again, Cindy could relapse, LA could be nuked,
Gustav could bankrupt us, Hillary could stage a coup (remember the whole
Klinton thing)...lol...

Akka