homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cheesemaking, milk and goats

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cheesemaking, milk and goats
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 00:03:49 -0400

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com> wrote:

> The milk is great tasting, and arguably healthier.
>
> This week, I am going to experiment in provolone cheese for aging. I've
> found that I can make just about any cheese from goat milk.

If you lived any closer to me (or me to you), I'd be one of your frequent
and faithful customers.

Every now and then I mention getting a couple of goats to my husband (who
would prefer we didn't get chickens again), and he rolls his eyes and says
he'd rather have chickens. He tells me how they all escape sooner or later
and we'd have to fence up the trees to prevent them from being eaten to
shreds. Do you agree or disagree? I'd like to hear a summary of what it
really entails to take care of just a couple goats.

Lisa
...lives too far away in same state to get some of Rob's goat milk