homestead - Re: [Homestead] Honest Meat

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Honest Meat
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 13:56:03 -0400

Well, it's a journey. I wasn't honestly trying to be provocative, but you know, I learn something from everybody. Some good, some bad, but some. Some things edge me closer to good. ("If I do good, I feel good, and that's my religion." ~ might be Lincoln but could also be Carnegie. You probably know, o wise bumpy one.

Roy is doing the real work. He is in NY working on stalls and paddocks and lawn. I am just cleaning and gardening and uh...lusting after cooking appliances on the Internet. He's internet-less, and I am about to call the deli there to make sure food shows up in front of him at regular intervals.

Funny about Chris having waitressed, and thus liking to go out. My Dad went through this period of making me work for my keep when I was a young 'un, and I waitressed, and it curdled me entirely on ever eating out where I couldn't see the kitchen and/or it has BIG stars. Frankly, there's nothing I can get in the outside world I can't make at home healthier, better, more sustainably, and HOT. (Unless it's haute cuisine, you know what I mean.)

Ok, I am going to go lust one more time after the Thermador range and then go pull out weeds with fantasy kitchens in clouds above my head.