homestead - Re: [Homestead] Small-scale farming a growing trend

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Small-scale farming a growing trend
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:04:35 -0800

Ever do the carrot test, Bob?

Buy a regular carrot with the top still on. Buy and organic carrot with the top still on. Cut the tops off each carrot, don't take them down all the way past the green/brown part. Cut the first 1" off. Set the organic carrot on your tongue for 30 seconds and then eat it. Do that with the commercial carrot. Let us know what your tongue feels like when you've done the commercial carrot.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

this all sounds great, but as a consumer who must buy most produce from markets, my experience is that the so called "organic" is no fresher nor is it tastier than the regular supermarket fare. Organic is no longer
important enough to me to pay a premium.

That which I will pay a premium is actual "farm fresh" produce. And, I can taste the difference. Just one man's opinion....bobford