homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rant

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rant
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:12:55 -0500

Well, there are none to offer because the government purposefully crippled
the tomato industry when any fool could have seen the samonella outbreak was
caused by jalapenos.

The same happened to the Spinach industry a couple of years ago. One field of one producer was affected but all Spinach was recalled and my friend could not sell Spinach for several months. In the end no one knows the true vector, they are blaming it on wild hogs with no physical proof. My organic farmer friend says that is possible but the real culprit is the industrial farming method used by the big growers.

Don Bowen KI6DIU