homestead - Re: [Homestead] cooking the garden veggies

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] cooking the garden veggies
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 20:27:39 -0400

tonitime AT juno.com wrote:

I may take mine and bake Penzey's Chocolate Zucch Bread ( really, it is a
rich cake!).

Recipe, please...

My nest is emptying next month, with DD off (joining her older sis) to a
full 4-year scholarship. Once a month cooking may be the way to go for a 2 person household. Thanks for the reminder!
Toni

I was never religious about it, but I would just cook a lot of food in advance...brown meats, assemble casseroles, boil eggs, make up packets of flour and such for various breads to make in the week(s) ahead. Why cook one pound of chicken when you can cook the whole bird! I would boil up 4 or 5 rabbits and or chickens, debone it all..you know the drill. When you work, you get in a food rut...same old quick dinners, and you really, really long for a 'long cook' meal..not just to eat, but something to make and prepare the long way...

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky