homestead - Re: [Homestead] The definition of "rural"

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The definition of "rural"
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:02:26 -0500

Bob, our friends could be described as intelligent liberals with a musical and artistic bent who enjoy good food and a healthly lifestyle. (That probably describes a lot of the folks on the list). They are all about five years ahead of us, already having retirement money and having finished rennovating their farm houses. We spent time together talking ideas, making music, cooking for one another. I'm not saying other factors in moving weren't involved, such as proximity to family, creative opportunities, etc. But apparently they needed something more. They were never as self-sufficient as we are. Maybe boredom was a factor?

--Sage

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:56:17 -0700 (PDT)