homestead - Re: [Homestead] got a plan

  • From: tom <tom AT honeychrome.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] got a plan
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 23:27:55 -0400

Finally making the time to take a permaculture design cert. course a while back got me to somewhat formalize the plans for our place. Of course it is an ongoing and ever changing process, and I haven't gotten as far into either species selection or the 'business plan' part of it yet. Rehabbing and maximizing the efficiency of the dwelling is still first priority. Not long after finishing the course I put up this wikispace for the site design presentation: http://poplarhill.wikispaces.com/ Keep meaning to expand and update it, edit, etc. but too busy hammering nails. Formalizing the plan really helped make sure my wife and I were on the same page and also generated enthusiasm from other family members. Getting things out of the head and onto the page does wonders for clarification, and the design technique of using overlays for various elements like slope, water and other energy flows, problem spots, etc. quickly ruled out some initial ideas and presented new, better ones.

http://poplarhill.wikispaces.com/