homestead - Re: [Homestead] ? for Bev

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ? for Bev
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 22:33:12 -0400

Basically, she'd just need to get to the fringe counties of the metro area to find some ag zone land. Sugar maples grow here, I have too many on my property to count, but making syrup is pretty much a no can do thing...figs practically grow wild, mine are 20 feet tall and I cut them to the ground every other year..and of course, Georgia is the peach state. :) We do get snow, not what she would like though...I think it is sky valley..Snow is now unnecessary for skiing though..plenty of places have the artificial kind and who wants to ski when you can do so many other things in winter that folks up north can't do?? Okay, so I am biased, but there are definitely worse places to transfer to...most people who come here like it so much they stay...very few of us natives left...

Bev

Lynda wrote:
She wants a cow, Jersey to be specific, goats, sheep, ducks and chickens and a big garden. She'd like sugar maple trees, peaches and a fig. Plus, she wants snow <g> I told her she could go vacation at one of those ski places up on the norther border. What is it, Sky something or another.

She really wants to live in the frozen north but her DH might be transferred (he's a fleet manager for somebody or another) to Atlanta.

She's supposed to let me know where abouts. When I know the specifics, I'll let y'all know. I mean, I realized that Atlanta was kinda like a rash (spread all over the place <g>) but didn't realise that it had REALLY perfected sprawl. I haven't been then in at least a gazillion years <g>

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky