homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moats?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moats?
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 16:32:45 -0500

On Jul 3, 2008, at 12:16 PM, <eureka AT hctc.net> <eureka AT hctc.net> wrote:

Would be interested in knowing what the moats are all
about. Water is a very precious resource here on the
desert's edge, the sun brutally evaporative, and the
critters thirsty and seeking a drink...other than perhaps
keeping the fire ants off my sandaled feet while standing
in a moat I'm not sure what a moat could do for me...?

Are you guys talking about my chicken moats? Just two fences about six feet apart that surrounds the garden. No water. The hens roam, eat weeds and bugs, keep the edge clean.