homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moats?

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moats?
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:40:42 -0400

Well, it might be a good fire proofing thing. Are we talking about real moats?

On Jul 3, 2008, at 1:16 PM, <eureka AT hctc.net> wrote:

I am not the one with the moats..that would be Toni
,right?

Would be interested in knowing what the moats are all
about. Water is a very precious resource here on the
desert's edge, the sun brutally evaporative, and the
critters thirsty and seeking a drink...other than perhaps
keeping the fire ants off my sandaled feet while standing
in a moat I'm not sure what a moat could do for me...?

--Sage
Way Out in Texas