homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hello again, and cherry pits

  • From: April Frazier <raving_dove AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hello again, and cherry pits
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:42:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Toni!

I didn't get as many appointments as I was expecting last summer, so I set up
a tent and a massage chair at the farmer's market. I had a great time, met
lots of new people, and gained a couple regular clients, too!

I'm loving how your country practice is working. I am specializing in home
visits, and people seem to really like the special attention. I make homemade
balms, and I'm adding some to my booth at the farmers' market. I am trying to
focus on some product that makes money and saves my hands!

Funny thing about this area; I set up in the Keene market (SW NH) and I get
some customers who are headed over to Brattleboro, VT (SE VT) for the
farmer's market. The Brattleboro market is a much bigger affair, and I've
been told that they have a couple massage therapists there, all with lines at
the booths to get massage!! Here in Keene, we seem to be a bit more reserved
in the touch department.

You may have heard about Brattleboro and the naked folks that hang out there!
When word got out via the AP, lots of "creepy" naked folks started to show up
there! Yikes!!

It always amazes me that a distance of about 20 miles can have such a culture
difference.

April