homestead - [Homestead] I'm back in the saddle again . . .

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] I'm back in the saddle again . . .
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 06:54:15 -0500

. . . out where a friend is a friend . . .

How many remember that old song, from The Singing Cowboy, Gene Autry, back when we had "Western" music, before it got included in "country." Seems to me too much got included into country.

Anyway, we are back in the Internet saddle again because HughesNet finally straightened out the satellite that serves this part of the woods. No connection all day yesterday. Probably just coincidental to the dump of nearly three inches of rain we received Saturday from three am to three pm.

It is a good morning because Don is here, having arrived yesterday safe and sound, if a bit wobbly. I did my best to revive him with a Heartwood pizza, which crust turned out a bit crusty, along with some of America's finest beverage production. Actually he started that program off superbly with a couple premier examples from Stone Brewery that are not available in this area, alas.

It is also a good morning because in the box trap out back, which has waited patiently for a month, it seems, is a big, fat armadillo. Yeah!