homestead - [Homestead] Life with $200 oil

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Life with $200 oil
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 05:16:37 -0700

http://calculatedrisk.blogspot.com/2008/06/impact-of-200-oil.html

"As for the ... beleaguered housing market, prices are falling faster in
areas requiring long commutes -- such as Lancaster and Palmdale -- than in
neighborhoods closer to job centers."

"Sky-high gas prices "would basically reorient society to where proximity
would be more valuable," said Tom Gilligan, finance professor at USC."

I know Lancaster and Palmdale. There is little work and a long commute over
hwy 14 or the train to get to the San Fernando Valley. Same situation in
Temecula and in many of those fast growing areas with cheaper housing. There
will be some readjustments and people will not like it. They will scream for
the government to do something but there is little to do except to make ones
own adjustments. See you in a couple of days Gene.
.
Don Bowen KI6DIU