homestead - [Homestead] New guy saying howdy

  • From: "Douglas" <doug AT weems.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] New guy saying howdy
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:23:04 -0700

I am Doug, I've been lurking around reading posts when I can. We are in the
process of moving from one homestead (Washington) to our new one in
Nicaragua. It's very chaotic around here. We are moving to the central
highlands of Nicaragua, a forty acre farm of banana, cacao, taro and a
variety of fruit trees. It's fairly hilly with a seasonal stream and a year
round river. We are about 1.5 miles off grid with a small solar system.

I have enjoyed the posts, you all seem like nice folks. I wanted to share
what we used to keep deer at bay; a double fence, 6 foot with a space about
5 feet to the outside fence that is 4 foot. We tried a lot of other ways
with little to no success finally saw this used at a local park to protect a
large rose arbor.

Well I am back to packing, lunch break is over.

-Doug