homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rutabagas vs. Yummy Pancakes.

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rutabagas vs. Yummy Pancakes.
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:27:16 EDT

> Champagne and orange juice. : )

> I think we had the same Uncle, only mine was Harold, to my extremely
> RC grandmother's.

Well, ain't everything relative! And 'twas my extremely RC mother who did
her best to be gracious under fire while attending those gatherings. Her
composure always lasted through nervous greetings, and uncomfortable
silences, and
through dinner, but I think she kinda lost it some years when first mention
was made of The Dreaded Post-Turkey Poker Game. You know the bit. All the
men
to the (cleared by the women) dining room table, and all the women to the
kitchen. I will give my dad credit, though. He was going through it, too, as
such was not the case at our house. Equality ruled. I miss him.

Sandy
Mid-Mojave

fuel-efficient used cars.