homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dehydrated veggies and fruit

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dehydrated veggies and fruit
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 18:26:46 -0500

On Jun 15, 2008, at 1:06 PM, Lynda wrote:

Wahoo! I now have a canning kitchen! or summer kitchen or whatever the
heck you want to call it! DH added a screen porch last summer and this
spring added the counters and the cooktop. Water is being piped in this
week. The pressure canner, the steam canner and the water bath canner are
all in their new home. The empty canning jars are slowly getting moved in
from the carport!

The two dehydrators are still living and working (bananas and onions as we
speak, bell peppers tomorrow) in the mudroom as we haven't added electric to
the screened porch yet.

HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

Congratulations. It is a fine design. I use the tiny East Wing for all of the above and love it like a mistress.