homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dehydrated veggies and fruit

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dehydrated veggies and fruit
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 09:28:02 EDT

> >Do you find the noise level low, moderate, loud, or not noticeable
> because you've used it so long?

Moderate. But ours is a very quiet house otherwise. No TV blaring, no
central heat, no traffic noise, etc. So that thing running is noticeable and
no
mistake. I suppose in the thick of the season, which will be in a couple of
weeks, one gets used to it as it is going night and day.

Another factor is that even with the cover on, it can put a lot of heat into
the room (which in our case is the whole house). Not really welcome in July
and August.

Still, noise and heat, it's worth it. And electricity too, still cheaper
than canning with electricity (which we don't do) or freezing by a wide
margin.
</HTML>