homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dehydrated veggies and fruit

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dehydrated veggies and fruit
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 10:06:08 -0800

Wahoo! I now have a canning kitchen! or summer kitchen or whatever the heck you want to call it! DH added a screen porch last summer and this spring added the counters and the cooktop. Water is being piped in this week. The pressure canner, the steam canner and the water bath canner are all in their new home. The empty canning jars are slowly getting moved in from the carport!

The two dehydrators are still living and working (bananas and onions as we speak, bell peppers tomorrow) in the mudroom as we haven't added electric to the screened porch yet.

HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Sounds to me like yet another urging for a summer kitchen or at least
a back porch.