homestead - Re: [Homestead] cats lovers in politics

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] cats lovers in politics
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:43:10 EDT

Dear Conflicted -

Me, not. Mine are Seven (now 12), Kitten (now 10), Goldenrod and Darth
(littermates, whose original owner had a huge warm heart but little
imagination),
and Squink, who came to me out of nowhere on moving day, and had to be
eyedropper-fed. Now a slinky black terror with intense yellow eyes. Rescue
animals
all.

I don't want to appear to be giving short shrift to the dogs, but that would
only make a long story longer.

It was hard finding a landlord who would take 5 cats, two dogs, 3 cockatiels
and a desert tortoise. We are all comfortably ensconced in the makeshift
"Bungalow Bar and Grill" - the back half was travel trailer, and onto it was
built the front of a mountain cabin. Kitchen is camper-type galley, and heat
is
woodstove. Interesting ambiance. My dining room is a bar, complete with
spitoon.

And it's next door to the local nudist colony (no fences, except on the
road), which is reachable by golf cart over a series of sparsely-vegetated
sand
dunes. There is much backing and forthing now that the warm weather has
arrived.

There is a large wooden sign in 'my' courtyard, where AA meetings used to be
held - now that there are no meetings, the joke is that AA stands for
'Alternative Attire". No kidding. Or "Anarchist Animist"

My point being - since it appears I have drifted off the thread - that none
of these people are in the least conflicted. They are all cat-and-dog-
people, regardless of gender, and they're all Green Libertarians, to say the
least
(heh heh).

Who needs TV?

Sandy