homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tractor repair question

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tractor repair question
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:24:31 -0400

> Is there a possibility the brakes are hanging up?

It's manual. I don't think it has anything to do with the brakes.
Sometimes when it is acting up, I notice that the front loader drops
down a little and it will not lift until the tractor idles or sits and
cools awhile. Once in a while when it is working really hard, fluid
will leak a little around the front loader control levers. That is
another thing that made me think transmission. Also once I take it out
of gear, it will idle and then behave after a few minutes, but then
heat up and start acting up again.

Forgot to mention that, oops.

Rob - Va