homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tractor repair question

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tractor repair question
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:31:08 -0500

On Jun 11, 2008, at 7:27 PM, Robert Walton wrote:

I've got a 1983 Kubota L305 DT. Lately, it has a problem when it's
been working. It's hard to describe, but I'll try: It starts to lose
rpms and gets like it is going to stall. I also notice that the loader
starts to droop a little when it does that. Today I was cleaning up a
farm lane with the bush hog, nothing heavy. At the end of the job, it
started to lose rpms and get like it was going to stall. I cut off the
pto and let it idle for a few minutes and it was OK, but did the same
thing after a few minutes of running the PTO.

It did this last time I used it a lot plowing and disking a field, I'd
have to stop and let it rest a while. The indicator does not show that
it is overheating.

The transmission/hydraulic fluid is not low, but I'm thinking that
there must be a filter and it would probably be good to change it.
I've not changed it in the 3 years I've had it and have no idea if it
has ever been done. I'm thinking that the fluid is overheating? I'd
sure appreciate it if anyone that is good with tractors would give me
their opinion on troubleshooting this.

Losing rpm? That's engine. If it has fuel injection, the injector pump may need an overhaul.