homestead - [Homestead] Nora Desmond Forges On

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Nora Desmond Forges On
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 13:02:49 -0700

She was ready for her close up last night, Mr. DeMille!

I, for one, can't imagine Hilary actually working *for* someone else in any kind of job in the usual way. No matter what it is, it's about Hilary. Just look at her speech last night. Her speech was about herself, McCain's was an attack piece on Obama, and Obama's speech was about our nation's future.

I predicted that we would soon see exactly what Ma Clintin's made of. In fact, it's shaping up to be the perfect storm, much more so than if either candidate had won sooner. With each passing day, "the next President of the United States" (as Terry McAuliffe introduced her last night) moves onward toward a less and less ethical Final Solution to the Negro Problem.

Now she turns, by her own admission, to the process of making superdelegates "change their minds". There has to be some way of reversing Obama's lead in pledged delegates (i. e., elected, in the DemNatCom Newspeak). If ordinary oratory falls short, maybe more Cajun-style approaches remain. It's even possible, for instance, that if this particular set of superdelegates aren't willing to change their minds by any means necessary, some other set of superdelegates might.

It's hard to entertain the possibility of this spoiled little girl stealing the nomination, without getting extremely upset. But that's what you get with a candidate whose political career is entirely derivative from that of her husband, with more potentially damaging baggage than all the other candidates put together, and whose coalition consists mostly of old ladies, racists, and the very ignorant.

Here's a great website where you can keep an eye on this horrible spectacle. It's updated often and is completely unbiased:

http://demconwatch.blogspot.com/2008/01/superdelegates-who-havent-endorsed.html