homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:39:28 -0800

Regardless of which of the two no-choices wins in November, the American sheople are going to either wake up to a world of hurt or wake up to a world of hurt. Their reaction will tell if there is any hope. I predict they'll just sit around, act shell shocked and whine.

You have McNasty on the one hand who is clueless on the economy and you have Teflon, on the other, who has gone so far as to now have wifey change her style of dress and have his campaign folks plant the "oh, my, doesn't she look reminisent of Jackie Kennedy" in the media's ignorant ear and who is clueless on the economy.

People are looking to this election to bring an improvement and it just ain't gonna happen! The sheople are still of the same mindset that sent a guy "they'd like to have a beer with" to the White House.

The American sheople are a sorry lot. They'll either go with a comfort zone, someone who shares their own narrow-mindedness and prejudices or they'll go with the shiney thing and never look beyond the pretty speeches. 99.9% of the voters don't do their homework. Simply amazes me how all those tax dollars were wasted during all those years they spent in public school and they never learned the very thing that was drummed in their little bits of gray matter -- DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

What are your thoughts on how we might move to a more sane national
position? I have recently finished Ron Paul's book. He has worked hard
and long to try to start a revolution. None of us knows if
revolutionary movement will grow stronger or how soon we might have
real change that most of us are happy with. The politicians who
succeed must please most of the voters. If what we get is not what we
want, it seems to me that education offers the only possible mechanism
for effective change. I see the Internet as the best possible medium
for making that happen. Little else save extreme pain. And it grieves
me to wish pain upon my fellow Americans.