homestead - Re: [Homestead] Brooding Geese - goslings?

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Brooding Geese - goslings?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 19:29:44 -0400

>> I may or may not have geese coming in my order that shipped yesterday.
>> Can I brood them with 25 broiler chicks? I've gat a room with lots of
>> space for the chicks. Seems like they'll need the same care for the
>> first few weeks. 5 goslings and 25 broiler chicks. What do you think?
>>

> I think you have a whole lot going on up there, Rob. Every day it's
> something new. I'm jealous.
> Are you married? Wanna be? ;)
> Polygamy can be a good thing among consenting adults..lol..

I'm just attached, not married, so technically it would not be
polygamy. Course once I put you to work, you might go running back to
Georgia!

I decided to save the broilers the poopy mess and set up a divided
brooder room this afternoon. I'm not sure what has been sent to me.
Probably broilers and maybe geese. I should have known better than to
order from an outfit called "Mother Goose Hatchery". They forgot to
tell me they shipped Monday because Vacation Bible School started this
week.

Course if they send me a couple of female geese mixed in the 5, I'll
sing their praises. I suggest that instead of entering into a
poligamous relationship, you just try to get an invite to a goose
dinner this fall. It's only 4 or 5 hours up I-85 :>)

rob