homestead - [Homestead] Brooding Geese - goslings?

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Brooding Geese - goslings?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:04:12 -0400

I may or may not have geese coming in my order that shipped yesterday.
Can I brood them with 25 broiler chicks? I've gat a room with lots of
space for the chicks. Seems like they'll need the same care for the
first few weeks. 5 goslings and 25 broiler chicks. What do you think?

Other option is that I have a hen that is hatching eggs right now. She
did not sit tight on the nest, so I'm thinking that she might not
hatch many off the eggs, I might just try to fool her. Would she take
goslings?

Rob - Va