homestead - Re: [Homestead] Small Grains, Was Hulless Oats

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Small Grains, Was Hulless Oats
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 20:20:22 -0500

On May 24, 2008, at 7:27 PM, Gloria Morris wrote:

I've got one bed, about 4 by 30 feet in grain amaranth this year. I
have no idea how well it will do here in Central Illinois. . . . I've also got another 4 by 30 foot bed in Bloody Butcher corn. I
already have visions of yummy cornbread this coming winter!

I've wondered about amaranth. Where did you get your seed?