homestead - Re: [Homestead] Soil fertility

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Soil fertility
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 10:19:26 -0500

Has anyone on the list experimented with large scale compost tea application? Our friend who raises grass fed longhorns here made a giant compost tea brewing station in one of his barns and applies the stuff to all his pastures over a couple thousand acres with amazing results. An organic garden center in Austin that produces and sells it for consumer use recently told me it would be easy enough to set up my own. I know this is about adding microbes to the soil, but it seems to me that it would go hand in hand with enhancing soil fertility and could be accomplished very cheaply for any size of property. I plan to create a set up soon.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Thu, 22 May 2008 09:06:58 -0400