homestead - [Homestead] Good Neighbors

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Good Neighbors
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 07:49:55 -0500

Recently we've been watching the 70's series Good Neighbors (also broadcast as the Good Life), a British sitcom about a couple that develops a sustainable farm on their suburban lot. Because I can relate to much of it now, it's even funnier than when I first saw it. We watch it through NetFlix on my laptop.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Tue, 20 May 2008 23:27:19 -0500
"Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:18 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:
> If you get Discovery, I believe there will be a marathon of the shows
next Monday. Its worth watching just for the scenery.

That's a big If. I don't even get the local dreck broadcast over the
airwaves. I have found, however, that good series tend to end up on
DVD, which can be either purchased -- or better yet -- acquired
through NetFlix. NetFlix is a lot cheaper than satellite.

The Sopranos were well into their second season before I finally
watched the first. Now there's a series worth watching a few times. I
actually bought the DVDs. Having lived in Chicago's First Ward for a
number of years, I recognize all those people.

One advantage of watching on DVD is that you can watch a whole season
in a couple of days.

Marie, who also reads the last couple of chapters of books to see if
the first ones are worth the trouble