homestead - Re: [Homestead] house pics

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] house pics
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 05:09:29 -0500

On May 19, 2008, at 9:36 PM, paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of bug patrol and eggs. I'd pay
for the bug control, so we have to factor that in. I'd do ducks if I
thought they were better at bugs, because then I could use them to
work dogs, too.

Bug patrol is better done with guineas. Ducks eat weeds. Both do not destroy garden beds. Chickens do.

If you can train dogs to handle guineas, my hat's off to you.