homestead - Re: [Homestead] Two ranchers get together to chat

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Two ranchers get together to chat
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 20:59:59 -0500

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 6:20 PM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> I am amazed beyond words at how long it takes for something to sink into
> the
> heads of the American public.
>
> We reached world peak oil two and a half years ago, that is the amount of
> crude being mined out of the earth was highest in December of 2005 and has
> not
> risen beyond that since.

'Tis a pity that Jimmy Carter's energy policies were dismantled by Mr.
Reagan. We'd be much further down the road toward transitioning. But
they were, and we aren't. In the meantime, every other country in the
world is developing other energy sources, and we're going to be buying
the technology from them.

Here's a link to a Salon article (and it contains a link to one by the
same author on solar) on wind power. One of the Japanese automakers
announced that it's going to have an all-electric car out in two
years.

We sure missed this opportunity big time.

Of course, global warming may end the human-life-on-earth experiment
in a few years, so maybe it's a ho-hum.

Marie