homestead - Re: [Homestead] Two ranchers get together to chat

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Two ranchers get together to chat
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:20:25 EDT

> >Got wood?

I am amazed beyond words at how long it takes for something to sink into the
heads of the American public.

We reached world peak oil two and a half years ago, that is the amount of
crude being mined out of the earth was highest in December of 2005 and has
not
risen beyond that since. There was a bit that world crude poduction had
risen
slightly above a that in January of this year, but the stat is bogus. They
are
counting the crude oil used to process tar sands and tar shale (not oil sands
or oil shale, there is no such thing) and the resulting oil processed from
the kerogen as BOTH in the sum.

That is, the reason the Saudis won't agree to raise their output is because
they CAN'T. They are at peak production and their major fields such as
Gahwar
are in decline. Mexico's Cantarell, Alaska's North Slope, North Sea, and all
the really big oil fields in the world are in documented decline. None of
the
new discoveries amount to a teacup in a swimming pool to stem the decline in
production.

It boils down, says I, to two propositions:

1) Greedy oil compaines, patents being bought up, oil fields being capped off
to create a scarcity, trillions of oil from tar shell if only we'd develop
it, refinery capacity, if we only bought gas on every other day (?!)

or

2) Oil has peaked.

Let me see, which accounts for what's going one ... which one....???

James </HTML>