homestead - Re: [Homestead] Soy foods

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Soy foods
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 22:24:56 -0400

On May 15, 2008, at 6:31 PM, Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

I am interested in doing more meat-free and low-cost cooking and am open to
ideas on a new thread or subject if you guys want to throw out some ideas

Low cost: Can you grow any oats? Whole Oat Groats cooked overnight in a small crock pot (or better yet on the wood stove) is a fine breakfast. I'm pretty sure Quaker, Inc, does not make anything that's good for you.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180