homestead - Re: [Homestead] Do you have your affairs in order?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Do you have your affairs in order?
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 07:22:35 -0500

On May 12, 2008, at 6:58 AM, paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:

When I left the homesteading list originally, it was because I did not
have the same commitment to doing it by myself that lot of people
here do have.

Speaking for myself, I think it is fully good that we have homestead list members at all stages of urban-to-homesteading lives. This list stays viable because it is like a garden. Some plant seeds, some nurture, some harvest. I would encourage all lurkers and wanna-bes to contribute when they can, to learn what they might, to be encouraged, to give and take as they choose.

We can address the other important issues you raise at another time.

Fwiw, I think the Finger Lakes area is excellent. If I were forced to leave here and live in a place with real winters I would take a trip and look around up there.