homestead - Re: [Homestead] Free Range Kids

  • From: tom <tom AT honeychrome.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Free Range Kids
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 22:15:31 -0400

I remember reading an article or book years back when I first encountered the phrase 'free-range childhood' and thought. "That's it! That's what I had with my brother and sister, and that's how I can describe it to people!" I've since had discussions and debates about the merits of 'free-range childhood' and how increasingly rare and difficult it must be now. A largely rural, free-range childhood with a house (houses really, we moved often) full of books is the greatest gift my parents gave us. Well, love and garden veggies too.