homestead - Re: [Homestead] Make your own choice

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Make your own choice
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:20:27 -0400

My local NPR, I don't know which show,I'm sorry, interviewed a Harvard man this weekend about his new book "The Fall and Rise of Islamic Society". It was interesting, the comparisons of women's rights and how their judicial systems worked, in comparison to our European model. Was kind of an eye opener for me, enough that I think I'd like the book if I laid hands on it.

Regarding the current e mail, you just can't talk reasonably enough with some people to even find a common ground. It's not much worth the effort, I've found.