homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gate this!.it's a turnstile

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gate this!.it's a turnstile
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:35:57 -0400

Oh come on, do you have any idea of how many of my family recipes are online as someone else's? Recipes are very common, and anyone who posts a recipe on the web makes it a public recipe as opposed to a secret recipe. Once in the public domain, I can copy it and call it my own. I serve it to my family, so why not call it "my family" recipe. It is the reader who makes the assumption that the recipe has been passed down through the generations.
Secondly, how do you know that Cindy stole from TFN and not the other way around? Is it possible that some Obama supporter set her up?

Spoiler space

Ok, how many of you sat there reading the above and saying "Oh, Bev, how could defend that-can't you see through that" "You are brainwashed by the McCain's...open your eyes!!!" And now you know how I feel when I see some of you defending Obama.
Here's how I really feel:
OF COURSE SHE STOLE IT-DO YOU THINK I AM STUPID!!!

Bev

Gene GeRue wrote:
Let me know when you all have had enough of this "gate" business. The Washington Post bills this as "top news." This is how low we have sunk:

Cindy's Recipegate
"Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick pan over medium heat. Add fish to pan and cook until rare, about 2 minutes per side. Alternatively, cook until done to your likeness. Slice thin and distribute among 4 serving plates. Serve with a generous portion of Napa cabbage slaw."
--Recipe for Ahi Tuna from FoodNetwork.com.

"Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick pan over medium heat. Add fish to pan and cook until rare, about 2 minutes per side. Alternatively, cook until done to your likeness. Slice thin and distribute among 4 serving plates. Serve with a generous portion of Napa cabbage slaw."
--"McCain Family Recipe" from johnmccain.com.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky