homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gate this!.it's a turnstile

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gate this!.it's a turnstile
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:36:31 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:
On Apr 16, 2008, at 7:12 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

I think it is, at its core, just like the Bittergate rabble. It points
to one's credibility..we look for any chink in the armor. Is he
elitist, did he plagiarize, etc.?

And is the audience gullible?

If they were listening, yes, but they are only barely hearing anything...they also have ADD, with a short memory span, so it really doesn't matter because people are going to vote for a candidate based on something stupid like whether or not he is a good saxophone player.

I don't know if anyone is still reading these political posts, but I will tell you this:
I have said that I probably won't vote for BHO. We have quite a few months to go, and that could change. If nothing else, people's comments here aren't wasted on me, because even if I don't vote for the man, I'm pretty sure that he will be our next CIC, and hearing everyone get excited about him gives me hope that maybe he will be different-it makes the whole thing easier to handle. You know, it's like I didn't win the lotto, but I am glad you did...I take some comfort in the thought that so many of you will delight when Obama takes office. I really am still undecided. I love reading the stuff James and Lynda write because they provide the balance I need. I am grateful for all of this.

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky