homestead - Re: [Homestead] What people will do for homemade cherry pie

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What people will do for homemade cherry pie
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 17:47:52 -0400

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> Tonight I am going to put two bulbs inside.

Best of luck w/ your cherry tree, Gene.

Our two peach trees (only one produced fruit) are in full bloom since 4/9,
we hope to avoid a hard frost here. The 100+ y.o. Stayman Winesap apple tree
(still producing fruit) has buds that may be tight enough to make it. Every
other fruit tree (many more apple and pear) on this place is either
beginning to bloom or in same stage as the apple tree. The blueberries are
also close but not yet blooming. Hopefully they will make it, we're still
consuming frozen blues from last year but are close to running out.

After last year's total loss of fruit (90% in our region overall), we rhope
110% that we'll have fruit this year of some sort. Can't tell you how eager
I am to be a canning machine this summer.

Lisa