homestead - Re: [Homestead] Growing Good Stuff to Eat

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Growing Good Stuff to Eat
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:36:38 -0400

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 8:17 AM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> I know Sage has a beautiful garden started down there in Texas... what
> else have you all got coming up now?

I missed out growing sugar snap peas the last three years. This year, I
thought I'd get a jump and be one of the first in our area to get started
instead of the last--or not at all. I put mine in the ground ten days ago.
We had rain two nights ago and some were scattered about the surface of the
ground afterwards, but all had little sprouts coming out of them. We poked
them back in the earth.

I am so excited for fresh sugar snap peas this year. We planted more than we
ever had, using up all of our old seed figuring that some would not
germinate. Looks like most of it has.

Whoo-hoo for sugar snap peas!

Lisa