homestead - Re: [Homestead] Growing Good Stuff to Eat

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Growing Good Stuff to Eat
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 13:18:03 -0400

I like the long answer.

I once asked my good dog to work some cows that were loose in our front yard. (Neighbour's cows). She looked at me like I was insane. I got pretty much the same reaction on poultry. She reminded me in no uncertain terms that she is a sheep dog. My Barbie Collie is a Katrina dog I was supposed to foster who beguiled my husband like Sheherazade and now owns the place.

I'm taking another look at sw Virginia. Want to give me a literary tour when you have a chance? Towns you like? Towns you hate but have to use? Good farmer's markets? Hilly and green? James, if you are reading this, please feel free to chime in. Yours is an opinion I would value too . Well, really, anyone who lives down that way, you two are just the ones I know.

Celia